English is not my spoken language. Does VVSC have interpreters available?
How do I get to VVSC Vail?
Vail Valley Surgery Center's Vail location is on the third floor of Vail Health Hospital. A concierge directly inside the medical center is available to guide patients to the elevators. Once in the elevator, press 3R. As you exit the elevator on the third floor, look to your right and you will see our waiting room and registration desks. Free parking for patients and visitors is provided in front of Vail Health Hospital.
When should I arrive for my procedure?
Questions about arrival and surgery times should be directed to your referring physician's office.
What is your billing process?
1. After your physician schedules your surgery, an insurance verification specialist will call your insurance company for a list of your benefits. Based on the information provided by your insurance company, the insurance verification specialist will prepare an estimate of your financial responsibility. Please note that this is offered as a courtesy to the patient. It is ultimately the patient's responsibility to confirm benefit information with his/her insurance company.
2. You will receive an estimate of your financial responsibility. This may include co-pays, co-insurance, deductibles, and fees for non-covered expenses, and will be due prior to or at the time of service.
3. The Surgery Center will bill your insurance promptly after your surgery. Based on your insurance and the amount you paid prior to surgery, you may have not have any financial responsibility, additional financial responsibility, or you may receive a reimbursement. Please note, it is ultimately the responsibility of the patient to provide the insurance company with any supplemental information they need to process the claim. Please contact your insurance company if you have questions about your coverage.
Which insurance do you accept?
VVSC currently accepts the following insurance contracts:
• Anthem BC/BS
• Cigna/Great West Healthcare of Colorado
• Humana "Choice Care Network"
• MultiPlan, Inc./PHCS
• Pinnacol Assurance
• Rocky Mountain Health Plans
• United Health Care
Please note that while VVSC is contracted with the aforementioned payers, all plans offered by these companies may not be accepted by VVSC and/or may be considered out-of-network. Please contact your insurance provider for the coverage specific to your plan
How can I pay my bill?
We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover credit cards, in addition to checks and cash. VVSC is now offering on-line bill pay
for patients whose financial responsibility exceeds what was collected in advance of the procedure.
I do not have insurance, how will my fees be collected?
Self-pay patients are required to pay in full prior to the time services are rendered. If you have questions about your estimated financial liability, please contact (970) 477-8201 if your procedure is scheduled in Vail. Please note that all quotes are estimates only.
My injury is covered by Workers' Compensation. What do I need to do to have the claim paid?
Patients whose injury is work-related must provide the Surgery Center with an authorization letter from their workers' compensation carrier. Please include a claim number or case number, contact person and his/her phone number and appropriate billing address.
I paid my physician’s office directly. Why am I paying VVSC?
The fee paid to your physician covers only the physician’s charges. The amounts paid to VVSC are the facility fees. In addition to the physician and facility, you may be charged for other services, including, but not limited to:
• Physical Therapy
• Rehabilitation Equipment
What is an ASC?
Vail Valley Surgery Center is an Ambulatory Surgery Center, or ASC. Part of a growing trend, ASCs offer patients a safe, convenient, cost-effective alternative to hospital-based care and a long history of great patient outcomes. The quality and affordability of care in ASCs consistently rivals and even exceeds that of comparable hospital-based care.
How many procedures does VVSC perform annually?
Between our two state-of-the-art facilities, we perform over 6,400 procedures annually.
Who are VVSC patients?
From locals to visitors to those who travel here just to visit VVSC, our patients are from all walks of life and are deemed appropriate to have surgery at an ASC, as determined by their physician. VVSC believes in delivering the same exceptional standard of care and clinical excellence to every single patient.
Is VVSC licensed?
Both locations are fully licensed by the State of Colorado and Medicare.
In addition, both facilities are accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC).