Contact Phone: (970) 476-1100
Education: Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD
Marshall University School of Medicine, Huntington, WV
Residency: Orthopaedic Surgery Residency, Mayo
Graduate School of Medicine, Rochester, MN
Fellowship: Insall Scott Kelly Fellowship in Sports, Medicine and Adult Reconstruction, New York, NY
Committed to providing patients with surgical expertise and knowledge, Dr. Kim specializes in adult reconstruction, primary knee and hip replacements, and hip replacements as well as anterior hip replacements, knee arthroscopy, sports medicine, and ligament reconstruction. Dr. Kim was awarded the prestigious John Insall Award for research on total knee replacements and was named as one of the top 22 knee surgeons in the U.S. by Orthopedics This Week.
Dr. Kim has written numerous research orthopedic related articles and presented findings at orthopedic related conferences. He also regularly provides patient seminars on various topics related to hip and knee replacement, arthroplasty and arthritis.
Dr. Kim received undergraduate degrees in both biomedical and electrical engineering from Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, Md., and his medical degree from Marshall University School of Medicine in Huntington, W.Va. He completed his orthopedic surgery residency at Mayo Graduate School of Medicine in Rochester, Minn. and the Insall Scott Kelly Fellowship in Sports Medicine and Adult Reconstruction in New York, N.Y.
Professional and Academic Credits
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery – Diplomat 2008 to present
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons – Active Fellow 2009 to present
- American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons – Fellow Member 2010 to present
- Insall Club – 2006 to present
- Mayo Clinic Alumni Association – 2005 to present
- Honored as one of the top 22 knee surgeons in the country by Orthopedics This Week, March 2014
- Recipient of John Insall Award for research on knee replacement, March 2010
- Board Certified in Orthopaedic Surgery
- Fellow, American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons